Tuesday 29 May 2012

Blood + Swans

Watching the picturesque scene of a swan and its cygnets at Friar's Quay, Norwich, I glanced down and realised I was practically standing in a pool of blood. There didn't seem to be any connection between the birds and the blood - no signs of, ahem, fowl play. Indeed, Friar's Quay is only a few minutes' walk from both Magdalen Street and the frankly horrifying Prince of Wales Road - both of which can resemble a war zone on a Saturday night (these pictures were taken on a Sunday morning), and both of which would be improved by some kind of nuclear annihilation - so alcohol-fuelled 'hijinks' are more likely. What I can't quite fathom is the message scrawled in the gore: 'Up Blood'? 'UR Blood'? Was the writer also the bleeder? A passer-by with a strong stomach?

Anyhow. The baby swans were cute.





1 comment:

  1. Oh my god!! That would have completely freaked me out!

    ReplyDelete